You wish to stay with your family in the Netherlands. You need a residence permit for this. Whether you can get a residence permit depends on your situation. It also depends on the family member who you wish to live with in the Netherlands.


Application forms and brochures only available online

- ​From 1 June 2017 it is no longer possible to receive printed application forms and brochure...

New income requirements as of 1 July

- ​Each year on 1 January and 1 July, the standard amounts are reviewed by the Minister of Social A...

New fees as of 1 January 2017

- ​With effect from 1 January 2017, the fees are increased by 1.8%.

More news

Nice to know

  • You do not have to submit the application for a residence permit yourself. Your family member can do this for you.

  • Only the family member you are going to live with, can sponsor you.

  • You do not have to be married to live with your partner in the Netherlands. You can also apply for a residence permit if you are registered as partners or if you are not married.

  • Your family member does not need to have his own home.

  • After several years with a residence permit to stay with a family member, you may apply for an independent residence permit.