Due to a telephone malfunction, the IND is less accessible by phone. It may take longer for us to be able to speak to you. We are working on a solution and keep you informed. Thank you for your patience.

Working in the Netherlands

You wish to work in the Netherlands. You need a residence permit for this: a single permit (GVVA), or a separate residence permit and work permit (TWV). Which permit you need, depends on the type of work you are going to carry out.


The latest Business Newsletter is available for business-related Recognised Sponsors

- ‚ÄčThe new edition of the Business Newsletter is online.

eHerkenning media campaign launched

- At the beginning of June, the government started a nationwide eHerkenning media campaign.

On 1 January 2019, the Netherlands and Hong Kong started an international exchange programme

- As of 1 January 2019, young persons from Hong Kong between 18 and 30 years old can get to know to...

More news

Nice to know

  • Employers, foreign employees, self-employed persons, scientific researchers and graduated international students can also turn to one of the 8 Expat Centers in the Netherlands.
  • Only an employer can apply for a work permit (TWV ). You cannot do this yourself.