We are working on our website. As a result, Tuesday 28 september between 08:00 and 09:00 (CEST) our business portal, My IND and the online application forms are not available


​You are an employer (incl. SME) and want to hire a foreign employee or you have a foreign employee working for you. Here you will find information on how to apply for a residence permit for your foreign employee, how to apply for recognition as a sponsor and which residence permit to work exist.


The August 12, 2021 edition of the Business Newsletter is online

- ​The latest Business Newsletter is available for business-related recognised sponsors.

Pilot residence permit essential start-up personnel

- On June 1, 2021 a pilot starts that should make it easier for innovative start-ups to hire foreig...

The April 6, 2021 edition of the Business Newsletter is online

- ​The latest Business Newsletter is available for business-related recognised sponsors.

More news

Nice to know

  • ​​Please read our Business Newsletter (Nieuwsbrief Zakelijk) and stay informed about relevant developments. Previously published issues can be found in our archive.

  • If you wish to work as a spiritual counsellor or as a teacher of religious knowledge, you must first pass the civic integration examination abroad.

  • Employers, foreign employees, self-employed persons, scientific researchers and graduated international students can also turn to one of the 8 Expat Centers in the Netherlands.
  • Only an employer can apply for a work permit (TWV ). You cannot do this yourself.

  • ​In addition to the legal obligations of the IND, additional legal rules apply from Inspectie SZW. An employer is responsible for ensuring that the rules of the Foreign Nationals Employment Act are also complied with.