EU/EEA or Swiss citizens and family members

You wish to live and work in the Netherlands. You have the nationality of an EU/EEA country or Switzerland. Or you are a family member of an EU/EEA or Swiss citizen.


Right of residence transition scheme for British citizens in the Netherlands

- ​The Dutch government has decided that, in the event of a no-deal Brexit, British citizens and th...

New fees as of 1 January 2018

- ​With effect from 1 January 2018, the fees are increased by 1.3%.

Application forms and brochures only available online

- ​From 1 June 2017 it is no longer possible to receive printed application forms and brochures fro...

More news

Nice to know

  • You cannot apply for public funds, such as social welfare benefits. This does not apply if you have permanent residence for EU citizens.

  • Are you planning to stay in the Netherlands for more than 4 months? You have to register in the Municipal Personal Records Database (BRP) in the municipality where you live.