Business Newsletter

Please read the latest news for recognised sponsors 'employment'. We post a new newsletter every 6 weeks. Previous newsletters are available from the archive below. At this time, it is not possible to receive the newsletter by e-mail. 

20 September 2023 edition

Two IND desk locations in ‘s-Hertogenbosch as of 19 September

Is your employee coming to collect a residence document, residence endorsement sticker or return visa? Then, as of 19 September, this is possible at our new desk at Leeghwaterlaan 14 in ‘s-Hertogenbosch (Den Bosch). It is a five-minute walk from the IND desk at Magistratenlaan 222. This means that there are now two IND-desk locations in ‘s-Hertogenbosch

For biometrics you are still welcome at the IND desk at Magistratenlaan 222. You can only have biometrics taken at this desk and only by appointment. 

Are you planning to visit an IND desk? Always schedule an appointment first

Send certificate showing completion of studies together with your application

Are you applying for a change of residence permit for your employee, from a study permit to a highly skilled migrant permit? Then make sure that you send a certificate of completion of their studies to the IND. This is often forgotten. As a result, we have to ask you to rectify the omission. This leads to delays because then it takes longer before we can decide on an application. 

Separate statement of Russian parent company no long needed

Due to the European sanctions against Russia and Belarus, the IND has been asking all recognised sponsors labour for some time to complete a declaration. Here you indicate whether your company has ties with (Bela)Russian parent companies. You no longer need to include a separate statement about your ties to a Russian parent company as an appendix to an application. You can declare this in the application form. Make sure to always use a current application form. We will no longer process separate statements.

Announcement of changes to European Blue Card regulations (as mentioned previously in the August 7th Newsletter)

On 20 October 2021, a revised directive for the European Blue Card was adopted. The changes compared to the old directive still have to be processed into national regulations. The new rules are likely to come into effect at the end of 2023. Before then, you will receive more information about this, including in this newsletter.

Cooperating Service closed on the mornings of 28 September and 16 October

The Cooperating Service (Ketenservice) is closed on a couple of days this year between 9:00 and 13:00. During the upcoming period, it will be closed on:

  • Thursday 28 September
  • Monday 16 October

Waiting times may be longer than usual on these days. So it is better to phone the next day or later in the week. Thank you for your cooperation.