Due to a technical malfunction, our website is currently not working properly. Our apologies for the inconvenience


Continual decrease in asylum applications

- ​The total influx of asylum seekers (first asylum applications, repeated requests for asylum...

Inspection on illegal employees leads to arrests

- ​Tuesday 5th September the police have arrested three men during an inspection at a trade company...

Slightly lower influx of asylum seekers in July

- ​In July the total influx of asylum seekers amounted to 2,371, which is 2% more than the previous...

The Netherlands received 2153 asylum seekers from Greece and Italy

- ​Since 2015 the Netherlands has received 2153 asylum seekers from Greece and Italy. The European ...

Customer Experience Survey: asylum seekers are fairly satisfied with the services provided by the IND, COA and DT&V

- ​Asylum seekers and employees of the organizations cooperating in the immigration are reasonably ...

More news


Please check our website and our frequently asked questions first. Can't find the answer to your question? Call us at:

+31 880 430 430

Open workdays 9am to 5pm

More contact information


Most frequently asked questions
What is the status of my application?

The IND does not provide information on the status of your application as long as a decision has not been made. In most situations, a (statutory) decision period applies. The IND can make use of the entire decision period to process your application.

It does not help to call the IND to ask the status of your application if the statutory or reasonable decision period has not yet passed.

Can I make an appointment online to visit an IND Desk?

Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to make an appointment online for a visit to an IND Desk.
The IND is currently developing this possibility.
It is to be expected that you can make an appointment online for the following products and services within a few months:

  • Biometric information
  • Collecting your residence document
  • Application for a residence endorsement sticker
  • Application for a return visa
I have submitted an application. When do I have to provide my biometric information?

​If you have sent your application by mail, in most cases you will have to go to an IND-desk to provide us with your biometric information. You have to do this within 2 weeks after you sent the application. You will not receive an invitation for this. At the IND-desk, a passport photo will also be made and you give your signature. These will both be put on your residence permit. You do not need an appointment to provide biometric information and to have a passport photo taken.

How can I get in touch with the person that is processing my application?

If you would like information on your application (requirements, requested documentation, decision period, letters sent by the IND), we advise you to check our website first. If you have any additional questions, you can call us at 0880 - 430 430 (normal charges apply, Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm). Have you received a letter from the employee who is processing your application and do you have specific questions concerning this application? Then, you can contact the employee who is processing your application directly. For instance, if you cannot provide us in time with requested documentation. You will find the direct phone number of the employee concerned in those letters (under ‘Contactpersoon’).

Has the IND received my application?

​If you have sent an application to the IND, a notification of receipt will be sent to your home address. If you have not heard from us after 10 working days , you can contact us at 0880 - 430 430 (normal charges apply, Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm). If you call us within these 10 working days, chances are that your application form has not yet been processed and we therefore cannot confirm receipt of your application.

When do documents have to be legalised and/or translated?

​When applying for residency at the IND, you sometimes have to submit documents that have been issued by the authorities of a country outside the Netherlands. In some cases, these documents have to be legalised and/or translated first before you can use them in the Netherlands. For more information, check Legalisation and translation of official documents.