Then submit your application for a residence document under the Withdrawal Agreement as soon as possible. You no longer need to first wait for an invitation letter from the IND.*
The IND needs your biometrics to prepare your residence document.
- find out more about living in the Netherlands after Brexit;
- submit an application for a residence document;
- submit an application for a document 'Frontier worker' (cross-border commuter);
- make an appointment to have your biometrics taken; and
- find out how your residence document will be delivered at home.
*If you already have permanent EU residence (duurzaam verblijf), you will receive a letter from the IND explaining how to exchange your current residence document for a new one. Find out more
Are you the family member of a UK national travelling to live in the Netherlands with the UK national? Find out what you need to do under Family reunification after Brexit.
Are you a UK national moving to the Netherlands after 31 December 2020 and you are not coming for the purpose of family reunification under the Withdrawal Agreement? To be able to live in the Netherlands, other provisions apply to you. Find out about the different residence purposes such as EU, Family, Work and Dutch citizenship on this website.