Arrange your residence after Brexit

Are you a UK national or the family member of a UK national? And would you like to continue living in the Netherlands after 31 December 2020?

Then submit your application for a residence document under the Withdrawal Agreement as soon as possible. You no longer need to first wait for an invitation letter from the IND.*

Do not forget to make an appointment to have your biometrics taken at an IND desk (photo, passport and signature). 

The IND needs your biometrics to prepare your residence document. 

Use the photo buttons below to visit our other Brexit pages and:

- find out more about living in the Netherlands after Brexit;
- submit an application for a residence document;
- submit an application for a document 'Frontier worker' (cross-border commuter);
- make an appointment to have your biometrics taken; and
- find out how your residence document will be delivered at home.

News webpart - 1

UK nationals in NL no longer need an invitation to apply for residency after Brexit

- ​All UK nationals and their family members living in the Netherlands who have not yet submitted a...

New: online application for document for British frontier worker

- ​From today, as a British frontier workers (cross-border commuters) you can submit an application...

The new Brexit newsletter is out now

- ​The October 2020 edition of the Brexit newsletter has been published. The newsletter is only ava...

More news

Nice to know

  • *​If you already have permanent EU residence (duurzaam verblijf), you will receive a letter from the IND explaining how to exchange your current residence document for a new one. Find out more

  • Are you the family member of a UK national travelling to live in the Netherlands with the UK national? Find out what you need to do under Family reunification after Brexit.

  • Are you a UK national moving to the Netherlands after 31 December 2020 and you are not coming for the purpose of family reunification under the Withdrawal Agreement? To be able to live in the Netherlands, other provisions apply to you. Find out about the different residence purposes such as EUFamily, Work and Dutch citizenship on this website.