Ukraine: appointment to collect proof of residency

Last update: 12 January 2024

Do you come under the Temporary Protection Directive and are you registered at your municipality? Then you should make an appointment with the IND to collect your proof of residency. This is a sticker or a card. Read what kind of appointment you have to make in your situation.

Appointment to collect sticker

During this appointment, an IND staff member will check if you meet the requirements for temporary protection. If this is the case, you will receive your sticker in your passport on a separate sheet of paper. You sign your asylum application as well. Make this appointment in one of the following situations: 

  • You have not visited the IND yet to collect your proof of residency. You have been registered at the municipality (BRP) for at least 1 week on the day that you visit the IND to pick up your sticker.
  • You have already collected a sticker or card from the IND, but after that you have been deregistered from the municipality (BRP). Or you have been away from the reception of the municipality for more than 28 days. You have been registered with a municipality (BRP) for at least 1 week on the day of your appointment at the IND.
  • You have already collected a sticker or card from the IND, but it has been lost or stolen. You have reported this to the police.
  • You have turned 14 years old and you do not have proof of residency yet.

Make appointment to collect sticker

Show details Hide details
  • Making an appointment for more people

    open minus
  • Пояснення - Appointment scheduler manual in Ukrainian and Russian

    open minus
  • What to bring to the appointment

    open minus
  • What you can expect when collecting the sticker

    open minus
  • Information about the sticker

    open minus

Follow-up appointment: collecting card

In some cases you get a card as proof of residency. This is called a Foreign Nationals Identity Document (VI) Type O (O-document). This does not apply to everyone. Make this appointment only in the following situation:

  • You have received a letter stating you will get a (new) card.

Make appointment to collect card

Show details Hide details

Cancel appointment

Did you make an appointment, but are you unable to come? Then cancel your appointment. Use the link in the e-mail you received after making the appointment. Is the appointment for more than 1 person? Then you will cancel the appointment for everyone.

Rescheduling of appointment not possible

Technically, it is not possible to reschedule your appointment. Please cancel the appointment and make a new appointment for another date. 

Authorise someone

Are you unable to come to the IND yourself due to your medical situation? You can give someone else permission to collect the proof of residence on your behalf. And to sign the asylum application on your behalf. This is called authorising someone.

This is how you can authorise someone:

  1. Complete the following form completely: Please tick the following 2 options at point 3: 'to submit an application' and ‘to collect my residence document or residence endorsement sticker.'
  2. Add the documents included in the authorisation. For example, you need a doctor's note stating that you cannot travel for a long time.
  3. Make an appointment with the IND. Do this with the details of the person for whom the proof of residency is.
  4. The person you have authorised takes the Authorisation Declaration and the documents with them to the appointment. Also consider the documents included in the appointment confirmation email.


You collect your sticker or card from the IND at Gatwickstraat 1 in Amsterdam (by appointment only). This location is specifically for people who fled from Ukraine. View this location on Google Maps.

Free parking

Are you coming to your appointment by car? Then you can park it for free at the IND location. You have to go through a barrier gate to get to the parking lot. Please enter the code that is mentioned on the registration pole.