To report, you can use the online fraud form. You can do this anonymously if you are not making the report on behalf of an authority.
You can upload multiple attachments and send them along with your notification. Attachments must be files in PDF or JPG format.
Send notification by post
Is it not possible for you to use the online fraud form to make a report? Then send your notification by post to the following address:
Immigratie- en Naturalisatiedienst
Attn. Handhavingsinformatieknooppunt (HIK)
9560 AA Ter Apel
Adding additional information
Have you made a report? And would you like to add additional information to this report? Then use the fraud form. Under 'Subject', select 'Additional information for a previous report'. For this, you will need the reference number of your previous report.
When to report to the IND
In the following situations, report fraud, abuse or confidential information to the IND:
- You want to make a report about a person in the Netherlands.
- You want to make a report about a person who has yet to come to the Netherlands.
- You want to make a report about a company in the Netherlands.
- You want to make a report about a recognised sponsor in the Netherlands.
Is the person or company in another country? If so, contact the government of the country in question.
Examples of fraud and abuse
The following examples represent fraud, abuse or migration-related crime:
- Having a sham marriage or sham relationship to obtain a residence permit.
- Using false or falsified documents. For example, a false passport.
- Finance fraud. For example, having a fake employment contract. Or abuse of the Personal Care Budget (PGB).
- Labour exploitation, human trafficking or smuggling.
When to report to other organisations
Sometimes you do not have to report to the IND. In the following situations, you must report to another organisation:
- You are a victim of a crime. Report this to the Police.
- Illegal residence of one or more persons. Report this to the Police.
- Social assistance benefit fraud. Report this to the Social Security Fraud Department (in Dutch: Sociale Recherche).
- Tax fraud. Report this to the Tax and Customs Authority (in Dutch: Belastingdienst).
- Illegal labour. Report this to the Labour Authority (in Dutch: arbeidsinspectie).
Handling of your report
The IND will assess your report as soon as possible. Is your report clear enough? And is there cause for an investigation? Then the IND will investigate.
The outcome of the investigation
Does the investigation reveal abuse or fraud? Then the IND can take action. Such as revoking the residence permit. Or rejecting the application. Does the IND establish a criminal offence, such as fraud or falsification of documents? Then the IND will report this to the Police.
IND does not share information
You will not receive any information about the consequences of your report. The IND may only give information on personal matters to the person whom the case concerns. Or to an authorised representative. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) demands it this way. The GDPR (in Dutch: AVG) is a law regulating privacy in the Netherlands.