- Denmark (excluding the Faroe Isles and Greenland)
- France (including French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Mayotte, La Reunion and Saint-Martin)- *1
- Liechtenstein - (EEA)
- The Netherlands (excluding Aruba, Curaçao, Sint Maarten, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba)
- Norway - (EEA)
- Portugal (including the Azores and Madeira)
- Spain (including the Balearic Islands and the Canary Islands)
- Czech Republic
- Iceland - (EEA)
*1 - French overseas departments
A national of French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Mayotte and La Reunion is a French citizen. He is also an EU/EEA citizen.
Switzerland is not an EU/EEA member state. However, a Swiss national has the same rights of residence as an EU/EEA citizen.
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (including Gibraltar, excluding the Channel Islands, BNO passport holders and Isle of Man)
From 31 January 2020 the UK is no longer an EU/EEA member state. However, during the transition period EU law continues to apply.
BNO passport holders
Do you hold a BNO passport? Then, you do not need a visa to travel to the Schengen area. You do, however, need an mvv.
Andorra, Monaco, San Marino and Vatican City
A national of Andorra, Monaco, San Marino or Vatican City is not an EU/EEA citizen.