Due to a malfunction you cannot reach the IND by telephone. Apologies for the inconvenience.


New: online application for document for British frontier worker

Last update: 12 October 2020

​From today, as a British frontier workers (cross-border commuters) you can submit an application online for a frontier worker's document.

With a frontier worker's document you can prove that you have the right to continue working in the Netherlands as a frontier worker under the Withdrawal Agreement after 31 December 2020 (end of transition period). This is useful when traveling to the Netherlands for work from the country where you live and vice versa because it will prove that you are allowed to enter and leave the Netherlands. At the moment the application is free of charge.

You are a frontier worker under the Withdrawal Agreement if you are working in the Netherlands and if you are living under the relevant provisions in the UK or an EU country other than the Netherlands. Find out more about the conditions, the application and process after submitting an application on our web page Frontier workers after Brexit.