How can you submit a complaint?
Would you like to submit a complaint about the IND? You can do this in two ways:
- By telephone. Please call +31 (0)88 043 0470.
- Via the online complaints form. Someone else can also submit the complaint for you. Then you need to authorise them to do this for you.
What can you not submit a complaint about?
You cannot submit a complaint:
- if it is possible to submit an application for review or to appeal in court.
- if you would like to give notice of default to the IND, because the IND is too late deciding on your application or application for review. Read more about how to give notice of default to the IND.
- about the policy we are implementing and the content of laws, general provisions or regulations. Do you have a complaint in this regard? Pease visit the website of the Government of the Netherlands.
What happens to my complaint?
- If your complaint does concern the IND, then it will be registered.
- You will receive a confirmation of receipt.
- The IND will check if your complaint is complete and what it is about. If more information is needed, we will contact you.
- Within 6 weeks you will receive an answer to your complaint.
- If your complaint does not concern the IND, it will be forwarded, for example, to the police or town hall (gemeente). You will receive a letter from the IND advising to which organisation your complaint has been forwarded.
I am not satisfied with the answer to my complaint. What can I do?
Ask the Nationale Ombudsman to start an investigation into your complaint. You must do this within one year after receiving an answer to your complaint.
Take your complaint to the Petitions Committee of the Parliament (Commissie voor de Verzoekschriften en de Burgerinitiatieven van de Tweede Kamer) or the Petition's Committe of the Senate (Commissie voor de Verzoekschriften van de Eerste Kamer).