Influx of asylum seekers in June 2021

- ​In June, the influx of asylum seekers, composed of the total of first and repeated applications ...

IND wants to further improve the organisation

- ​The IND will continue to work on the points for improvement for the organisation. This is stated...

Task force to fight backlog of asylum applications is completing its work

- ​The backlog that the IND had incurred up to April 2020 in processing asylum applications has alm...

Temporary stop on decisions for Tigray (Ethiopia)

- ​With effect from 10 July, the IND will not make any decisions for six months on applications fro...

RANOV- group exempted from the document requirement for naturalization

- ​RANOV-residence permit holders are exempted from the document requirement if they want to become...

More news


Please check our website and our frequently asked questions first. Can't find the answer to your question? Call us at:

+31 880 430 430

Open workdays 9am to 5pm

More contact information


Most frequently asked questions
What is the status of my application?

The IND does not provide information on the status of your application as long as a decision has not been made. In most situations, a (statutory) decision period applies. The IND can make use of the entire decision period to process your application.

Follow your application in My IND.

Do you not have DigiD? And has the decision period ended? Please, call the IND.

Have you applied for asylum and are you waiting for a decision? Find out more information about the processing of asylum applications on our page about processing times.

I want to visit an IND Desk. Do I have to make an appointment?

Yes, you can only visit an IND desk if you have an appointment.

For a number of products and services you have to make an appointment online.

How can I get in touch with the person that is processing my application?

If you would like information on your application (requirements, requested documentation, decision period, letters sent by the IND), we advise you to check our website first. If you have any additional questions, you can call us at 0880 - 430 430 (normal charges apply, Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm). Have you received a letter from the employee who is processing your application and do you have specific questions concerning this application? Then, you can contact the employee who is processing your application directly. For instance, if you cannot provide us in time with requested documentation. You will find the direct phone number of the employee concerned in those letters (under ‘Contactpersoon’).

Has the IND received my application?

​If you have sent an application to the IND, a notification of receipt will be sent to your home address.  You can follow your application in My IND. Does the application have the status 'received'? Then the IND has received your application.

If you have not heard from us after 10 working days , you can contact us at 0880 - 430 430 (normal charges apply, Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm). If you call us within these 10 working days, chances are that your application form has not yet been processed and we therefore cannot confirm receipt of your application.

I want to travel, but I don't have a passport. What can I do?

Do you ​have a valid residence permit? Then sometimes you may qualify for an alien’s passport. For example, if you are unable to obtain a passport from your country of origin. You can use your alien’s passport to travel to all countries except your home country. You still need a visa for many countries. You can apply for a passport to the municipality where you are registered.

Does a Dutch residence permit allow me to travel within Europe without a visa?

With your Dutch residence permit you may stay in all Schengen countries up to 90 days in any 180 day period without a visa. You do not need a separate visa. Take your passport and residence permit with you. Your passport and residence permit must be valid for your entire trip. Will your residence permit expire during your trip? Then apply for a return visa before you start on your trip.

Are you travelling to a country other than a Schengen country? Please inform at the embassy or consulate of the country where you are going if you need a visa.