Uploading documents after your application
You have submitted an application online or on paper. The IND is now processing the application. You can still upload additional digital documents in the following situations:
- The IND has asked for supplementary information in a letter if documents are missing or incorrect;
- You would like to add documents to your application yourself.
Objection visa and other processes
As a sponsor, have you objected to a rejection of an application for a short-stay Schengen visa? And is the visa application intended to visit family or friends? Or, did you not start an application but another process, for example a submitted complaint? Then you can also upload additional documents as long as the process is still in progress with the IND. You can do this quickly and easily. Read our tips for digitising documents before uploading them.
Uploading documents during your online application
Do you want to start the online application? Then first make sure all required documents are available digitally. Perhaps you must still digitise some documents first. You can only upload documents that have been digitised correctly.
Example uploading passport
In your online application you can see right away when you must upload documents. We have chosen uploading a passport as an example. Use these tips for a successful upload.
Digitising documents for upload
Digitising is converting documents to a digital form for use on a computer or mobile device. Are you going to digitise something? Then pay attention to these important rules.
- The IND only accepts files of the types PDF (without password protection) and JPG.
- For some applications, you can also upload a JPEG file.
- Give digitised documents a clear name.
- You cannot upload a PDF portfolio with combined PDF files.
Find out how to digitise documents and what you need to pay attention to.