Collect the mvv when place of residence is suitable
You have an asylum residence permit and you have received a positive decision for family reunification. Due to a measure introduced by the government, your family members cannot immediately collect the provisional residence permit (in Dutch: mvv or machtiging tot voorlopig verblijf). The mvv is a visa that allows your family members to travel to the Netherlands. Collecting the mvv is only allowed if you have a suitable place of residence. Or if a period of 15 months has passed after the start date of your application for family reunification. This period may be shorter in some cases. The decision by the IND will state exactly when your family members can collect the mvv. This measure must ease the pressure on the asylum reception centres and applies from 3 October 2022 until 31 December 2023.
When to collect the mvv
In one of the following situations, your family members may collect the mvv:
- You received a positive decision from the IND before 3 October 2022;
- You have received a positive decision from the IND after 3 October 2022. You live in an approved house for all your family members to live in. You reported this to the IND;
- You received a positive decision from the IND after 3 October 2022. A period of 15 months have passed since the start date of your application for family reunification. This period may be shorter in some cases. The decision by the IND will state exactly when your family members can collect the mvv.
- One of these exceptions to the measure applies to you:
- You or your family are suffering from a medical emergency. The IND therefore processes your application in an urgent procedure.
- You have applied for family reunification for a minor child. Your child will remain abroad alone (without a parent or guardian).
- You are an unaccompanied minor and the Nidos Foundation indicates that you are in a troubling (serious) situation.
In these situations you will receive a letter stating that your family members may collect the mvv. This letter also states how your family members make an appointment to collect the mvv.
Reporting a suitable place of residence
Did you receive a positive decision and has your home been approved? And has less than 15 months passed since the start of your application? Then report to the IND that you have a suitable place of residence. Use the form:
Fill in your details and the details of your family members and send the form to the IND. You will find the address in the form. Also enclose proof stating that your home is a suitable place of residence. You will receive a letter when we have received the form. Only send the form when you received a positive decision on your application. Sending the form is of no use if your application is still being processed by the IND.
Make an appointment to collect an mvv abroad
Did you receive a letter from the IND stating that your family members may collect the mvv? Then your family members have 6 months to collect the mvv. Make an appointment for this with the Dutch representation.
Register family members in Zevenaar
After arriving in the Netherlands, relatives with a suitable place of residence register in Zevenaar. This is only possible by appointment. Make an appointment for registration in Zevenaar after your family members have booked the (air) trip to the Netherlands. Do you not have a suitable place of residence and did your family members collect the mvv? Then your family members should register in Ter Apel after arriving in the Netherlands. This is possible at any time and without an appointment. Your family member will stay overnight at a reception centre of the Central Agency for the Reception of Asylum Seekers (COA).