Who can apply and when?
UK nationals and their family members with the EU right to reside in the Netherlands on the date of Brexit.
Please note: If you already have a permanent EU residence document (EU duurzaam verblijf), another application process and timetable apply. View our film and find out more on our website.
- Apply when you receive an IND invitation letter.
- Find out when you will receive an invitation on ind.nl/Brexit.
How can you apply?
- Apply for a new residence permit online.
- Complete the application in full to avoid any delays and submit it within 28 days on ind.nl/Brexit.
- You will receive an acknowledgment of receipt from the IND.
What happens next?
- Make a biometrics appointment online on ind.nl/Brexit as soon as possible.
- Have your biometrics taken at an IND desk or expat centre.
- The IND will process your application within 90 days.
- You will receive the IND decision.
Your residence permit
If your application is approved:
- Make an appointment to collect your new residence permit online on ind.nl/Brexit.
- Collect it at an IND desk or expat centre.
If your application is not approved:
- You can apply for review of the decision.
Find out what you can do now on ind.nl/Brexit